Yup, it is that time of year again. You know, the one where football season starts and even the most diehard college basketball fans have pushed hoops to the back of their brain while they prepare for their fantasy drafts, stock up on beer and hot dogs for the fall, and celebrate the fact that this was the last weekend on 2009 sans football.
That is perfect timing for us, as we will be spending some time out on the left coast and things will be a bit slow for the next week or so.
Hands down the best thing you will read all week long; dumb policing or the best burglar's ever?; frat house or drug den?; the guys on Entourage aren't all that friendly off-camera; awesome what you can do in the internet age.
- Corey Chandler to Binghamton.
- Scouting reports from Boost Mobile game.
- Chinese riots because a basketball player is too tall.
- Jeff Bzdelik will have his work cut out for him at Colorado.
- Arizona's freshman look pretty impressive.
- Nebraska's 6'11" center Chris Niemann will miss the season after tearing an acl. He was ineligible last season for playing on a German club team with professionals.
- Dan Werner is one of those guys that seems like he has been in college for 10 years.
- We went to Eastern Invitational, not five-star.
- St. Patrick's in New Jersey, the high school with Michael Gilchrist and Kyrie Irving, has added two more DI talents.
- St. Raymond's in the Bronx lost three kids, however.
- Evan Daniels of Scout gives us his all-summer team.
- Police find guns and bullets are Floyd Mayweather's house.
- Alabama high school football coach dies during a game.
- Greg Paulus was named the captain of the Syracuse football team.
- A Farve threw for 549 yards in a game.
- Artie Lange on Letterman:
- My new favorite comedian: